In the beginning, everyone just wants to make money. They start running here and there, trying everything without even realizing what will the consequences be for your long term success in the future.
Yes, I can definitely make a lengthy list of mistakes that I did when I was new to the industry. But here I‘ve included six biggest and common mistakes that inexperienced marketers make while looking for a successful startup.
- Selling your product or service rather than helping:The primary goal of affiliate marketing is to lead the reader to the sales page rather than making them buy it forcefully. You just need to make them realize how important and beneficial the product or service would be for them. You shouldn’t try to sell them vigorously. Most of the new marketers fill their web page with “Buy this now,” “You need to have this” – type of phrases.
Actually, these kinds of cliché lines make the visitors irritated. They feel like they are being forced to like the product. That’s why you should avoid using those phrases that force the visitors rather than leading them to the sales page. Give them a good review on the product. People like to take suggestions from the users who used the service or bought the product. That’s why reviews on Amazon are so influential.
- Joining Every Program:When new marketers start, they join almost every affiliate program, expecting a healthy income from the joint revenue. But it makes your stack of deals unmanageable rather than profitable.
- Starting without testing:Whenever you choose to promote an offer, you should put yourself in the customer’s shoes to test the follow-up sequence leading to the sales page. Certain techniques are irritating to certain website visitors. Like loading their inbox with promotional newsletters.
- Not tracking:Tracking affiliate links on each page is a great way to being profitable. When you make a sale, you may want to know where it came from. This lets you scale the performance of individual Web Pages. You can know which offer is selling the most and which type of content is appealing to the visitors. You can just log into the Amazon affiliate dashboard and get a unique tracking ID. Not keeping track of sales is a sign of an amateur marketer. Don’t be one. Maintain the track record of your sales.
- Not comparing:If you are displaying products with just their features, the visitors will not buy your product. Try comparing them with 2-3 similar products and let them know why this particular product is better than others. Talk about their key differences and why it matters. Rather than emphasizing on a single product, you should create a list like “top 3 silver flutes”. Visitors will believe that they have different options to choose from.
Looking for ideas very frequently: You may have tons of emails in your inbox claiming they have the secret way to earn money from affiliation. If you want to follow each of the ideas they send you through newsletters, you will most likely fall into a lagging interface for your web page. Sure it’s good to make changes to the appearance of the promoting page. But don’t fall for every idea you find online. Stick to a basic plan or structure. It’ll help you to maintain other aspects of the affiliation program.0